CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holidays

My favorite time of year is from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I love everything about it. I love going to 2 different tree lots just to find the perfect Christmas tree (Tracy might not love that as much as I do but he always likes the end result). I love digging out the lights for the tree and all the ornaments. I love putting up the lights on the outside of our house. I love baking cookies, and more cookies and then even more cookies. I don't mind the overcrowded malls and trying to find the perfect gift for everyone. It makes me happy to buy gifts for family and friends. I don't mind driving around the parking lot trying to find the perfect space (ok well maybe i mind that a little). Everything seems to magical this time of year. And to make it even more magical we are going to have a white Christmas!! Over the weekend we got a ton of snow. Friday we got about 14 inches, Saturday another 2-3 and then Sunday about 8-10 inches more. It really didn't stop snowing for 3 days. It was nice to have a reason to stay in and watch TV and make cookies. I feel bad for everyone who still doesn't have power after the ice storm. A little north of us got hit really bad and there are still some people with out power. Could you imagine being without power for 12 days in the freezing cold!
Anyway we are at my parents house in NY for Christmas eve (we always have the traditional 7 fish dinner and then my parents have some friends over for dessert) and then tomorrow we open gifts here then we travel to my Aunts (mom's side) house in Pleasant valley and then down to Long Island to my Aunts (dad's side) for a BIG Italian dinner. I look forward to Christmas dinner all year. Its so nice to be with family. We all sit at the same table (there are 28-30 of us) and in between courses we sing Christmas carols. Then the day after Christmas we are going to Tracy's moms house to have Christmas with his family. Lots of traveling but its worth it. Here are some pictures i took with my new camera!!
Our tree! I should have taken those box's out of the way.



Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!

1 comments:

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Happy Holidays!!

(BTW - my sister lives in Pleasant Valley NY too - small world!)