CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Details

I guess in all my excitement i forgot to post the details. oops.
Here are some of the things that were in her medical report

~Her Chinese name is Ruyi.
~We have decided to name her Maizie Ruyi. Everyone asks us how we came up with Maizie. It was the first name that we both really liked right away.
~She is about 14 months old.
~At 9 months she was 13 lbs.
~she can crawl but not sure if she can walk yet.
~her medical report says she sleeps for more then 10 hours! Lets hope that's true.
~she is fond of listening to music, playing and reading books.
~she has a quiet personality.
~she already has 12 teeth!

I feel like i have missed so much of her life already. Since our dossier isn't logged in China yet we are looking at 4-5 months until we travel. I am hoping to have her before my 31st birthday (April 24th). It will be close. I dont know how i am going to wait that long. Lets hope it goes by fast. We did just get our updated I-600a processed and it only took less then 2 weeks! Way to go USCIS!! Now that that is out of the way we have to have our social worker write up an addendum of our home study and we still have to get a few more documents together. Then have them signed, notarized, state certified and then off to the consulate for approval. Ok that seems like a lot to do but it really wont take that long...hopefully. I am hoping to have our dossier off to China by the end of January. Once our dossier is logged the long wait for our travel approval can begin.

As you can imagine T and I are SO SO SO excited. Maizie got her first Christmas presents this year. My mom and dad got her a little pink suitcase on rollers for when she visits them and some books. She already has a closet full of clothes. It is a little out of control but at least she will be the best dressed little girl!

3 comments:

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Yay for details!! She sounds adorable! I hope the travel call comes very quickly!

Kelli said...

I hope your dossier gets finished quickly and logged in even more quickly!

Cinnamon said...

I also hope you get to travel soon to that precious girl. Btw I tagged you.