CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Zoo!


This weekend was my birthday. To me age is just a number. Most days I don't feel my age (which is 32 for those who want to know). Some days I feel like I am 32 going on 22 and others it's 32 going on 72. This birthday was especially special because it was my first birthday with Maizie. It's funny how your view of the "perfect birthday" changes once you have kids. Last year I would have said the perfect birthday is sitting on the beach with a margarita in hand (which I think I did my last 2 birthdays). But this year was different. All I wanted to do was have a fun day with Maizie at the Zoo. And a fun day at the zoo we had!
We went to a zoo we have never been to before and didn't really know what to expect. It was actually a really nice zoo. They had a petting zoo with a bunch of goats. I didn't know how Maizie would react to all the goats but she loved and I mean LOVED them. She was walking patting then on the back. There was even a little baby goat but Maizie wanted nothing to do with the baby. She liked the big fat goats much better. It one point she had a goat by it's horns and was shaking it's head.








I think she was trying to crawl on this guys back.


There was also a deer park where the deer just roam free and you can pet them.



Of course we had to stop and watch the lemurs for a while.



We ended the day on the carousel. At first Maizie didn't know what to think but by the end I think she was having fun.



Maizie and I sitting on a wooden camel.



After we left the park we came home and all took a nap. Then Tracy and I went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant. It really was a great birthday.



3 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy to hear you had a great birthday! It looks like a fun day! That first birthday as a mom is special!

Elizabeth Frick said...

What a GREAT birthday! It's so true that the "ideal bday" definitely changes post-kid :)

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

First, happy birthday!! It sounds like it was a great one! Next, I know that zoo! I don't suppose you want to try to arrange a playmate there?!