CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 in review

I cant believe it's 2009 already! Where does the time go??!! 2008 was a real roller coaster ride for us. It started on a high note and ended on a really high note but the middle had some ups and downs. I don't really want to reflect on the negative things that happened. Just the good things.

In January (after months of researching different programs and agencies) we started the adoption process.
In April I celebrated my 30th birthday in style in St Lucia.
This is how we spent most of the week. In the pool or on the beach with a drink in our hand.


In August T and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. I cant believe we have been married for 5 years! We decided to go to my parents condo in Florida for the weekend to celebrate.
T playing in the ocean. Some boys never grow up!
In September (after the Vietnam program we were in closed) we started looking into China's waiting child program.
In October we choose an agency and began to update our home study.
On December 4th we saw our little girls face for the first time. On the 9th we officially told our agency we wanted her. Isn't our little Maizie just so cute!!
2009 is going to be a great year. We... ok I am looking forward to getting Maizie's room ready for her. And we are of course looking forward to traveling to China to pick her up. In the last few weeks it's been so nice to say "next year when we have Maizie..." or "When we have Maizie..." Our lives as we know it are going to change and we cant wait.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

0 comments: